Saturday, June 13, 2009

Second Day of my Taiwan Trip

Woke up around 0800 hrs to get ready to go around Taipei. Today I have a lot to cover and I need to rush to Freedom Plaza (自由廣場) to attend the Taipei Outdoor Bands Festival. It comprised of High and Senior High Band members and Flag bearers.

First up, I went to the Taipei Arena (台北小巨蛋)to take a look. It comprised of the indoor stadium and an outdoor stadium. In the indoor stadium, there is a Ice-skating Centre. I went out later to take a look at the outdoor stadium. There were also a outdoor track and a indoor basketball centre as well.

After that I went over to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall (国父纪念馆). This hall showed us the life of Dr Sun who is the founder of Republic of China. It was a huge hall. When u entered the hall, you would see Dr Sun's statue in the caverous lobby. Every hour you would also see changing of guards too. The same as the one in Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall.

I walked over to my next destination, the Taipei City Hall (台北市政府). I went into the Discovery Centre of Taipei (台北探索馆) to take a look at whole Taipei became a cosmopolitian city.

The next one was the one I have always wanted to go.... the Taipei 101

No comments: